Did your dentist recently recommend a dental implant to replace a missing tooth? If so, the first two questions that came to mind were likely "How much do dental implants...
When you think of traditional dental veneers, your mind may immediately go to thoughts of drilling away enamel and your natural teeth to set the veneers into place. If this is how you view the process of dental veneers, think again! Lumineers are the newest and most innovative way of restoring the look and feel of your teeth with minimal preparation work necessary. This cosmetic dentistry treatment is ideal for anyone seeking an alternative to traditional porcelain dental veneers and for whom composite dental bonding is not an option.
If you’ve considered veneers in the past but were put off by the amount of preparation work necessary, it’s time to consider Lumineers for transforming your smile.
Lumineers Vs. Traditional Porcelain Veneers
Lumineers are specially made porcelain veneers that allow patients to achieve even better results than traditional veneers without any extreme commitment. Ultra-thin veneers combine incredible aesthetics with lasting power and require minimal-to-no-preparation work to transform your teeth.
Factors to take into consideration when deciding between porcelain veneers and Lumineers include:
- Composition of the Lumineers. Porcelain veneers are thin, but Lumineers are even thinner, like contact lenses. Nevertheless, the no-prep element of Lumineers can eliminate the risk of veneers appearing chunky, thick, or bulky.
- Level of tooth structure that is preserved. There is minimal tooth reduction needed in Lumineers prep, thanks to the ultra-thin composition of Lumineers. On the other hand, Veneers require the drilling down of tooth enamel to prep for the slightly thicker veneers.
- Application of the Lumineers. Placing Lumineers on the teeth is painless, and the procedure is quick and efficient. Drilling is eliminated, which means you don’t need anesthesia unless you are especially sensitive or nervous about discomfort. The Lumineers, once correctly placed and approved for size, shape, and color, are bonded permanently to your natural teeth.
The Lumineers procedure can be reversed, leaving minimal damage to the tooth. The differences between veneers and Lumineers are not glaring, and typically patients are so enamored with their smile makeovers nothing can get them down.
Stand-Out Features of Lumineers
Depending on your personal preferences and cosmetic requirements, Lumineers will leave you completely satisfied with stand-out features like:
- A smile that looks just as natural as real teeth.
- A perfect match to existing natural tooth enamel, so they blend in seamlessly with your other existing teeth that Lumineers won’t cover.
- Long-Lasting results for many years of life with consistent brushing and flossing.
- A no-prep procedure that allows you to retain almost all of your natural tooth enamel.
- A reduction in tooth sensitivity by covering exposed tooth roots and straightening your existing teeth.
Cosmetic Concerns Suitable For Lumineers
More commonly known as no-prep veneers, Lumineers have become the go-to choice of many Macomb dental patients. With their similarity to veneers, Lumineers can correct multiple cosmetic dental issues at once, often eliminating the need for other cosmetic dentistry treatments and sometimes even alignment repairs. Lumineers can cloak all of your aesthetic dental concerns simultaneously and can completely transform your smile with one procedure.
Minimal preparation and no-prep Lumineers may be suitable for adults and adolescents attempting to address several cosmetic dental conditions, including:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Very slightly discolored or stained teeth
- Gaps or spaces (diastemas) between teeth
- Misshapen, fanged, pointy, and slightly misaligned teeth
- Slightly crowded teeth
- Worn teeth
- Small teeth
Why Lumineers Are the Best Way To Correct Imperfections
Porcelain veneers are superior in their durability, thinness, and their unique ability to mimic light in the way natural tooth enamel does. Our team at Hoffman Dental Care strives to give our patients the best cosmetic dentistry treatments available. Lumineers are the ideal way to transform your entire smile in very little time.
Are You Ready To Transform Your Smile?
You may be ready to fix your cosmetic dental concerns quickly; however, not all cosmetic treatments are suitable for every smile. While not everyone is a good candidate for Lumineers, the good news is, many people are. Our team at Hoffman Dental Care can help determine what categories your dental concerns fit into, and we will assist you with making the right choice about your smile makeover.
If you’re ready to learn more about the incredibly quick and painless process of Lumineers, it’s time to schedule a consultation with Hoffman Dental Care. During an evaluation, we will discuss how the treatment process works, answer any questions you may have about the procedure, and determine if you’re a good candidate.
If you’re ready to take the first step towards transforming your smile with Lumineers, contact us today to schedule an appointment.